If you're having streaming videos -- constantly seeing the 'video seeking' message - then here's what you can do to sort things out.
DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO FIRST
We always recommend that you download our videos, rather than stream them. That way, you'll always be assured of a workout without internet drop-outs or interruptions in the video.
If you really, really want to stream, it's important to know that no internet connection is immune to the occasional traffic jam. However, if you've got a connection of at least 5mbps or higher you should not have streaming issues. If you are still getting a 'video seeking' message, then some reasons might be:
The Dreaded Seeking Box
There may be heavy internet traffic in your area, slowing things down between your computer and the nearest Amazon server we use to store the videos. If you know how to conduct and read a traceroute, you can ping the server closest to you to see if there are any slowdowns along the way to the Sufferfest Server.
- New York 184.108.40.206
- San Fransisco 220.127.116.11
- France 18.104.22.168
- Australia 22.214.171.124
- South Africa 126.96.36.199
Is the video still seeking even though everything seems good? You might need to download the videos.
Your Minions are Slowing Things Down
Even the strongest of connections may begin to buckle as your household of minions are using other devices. Have a family of 5 and everyone is on the internet while also streaming Netflix for the dog to watch? Capacity could also be an issue. Inform everyone they must stop what they are doing and meet you in the Bicycle Torture Chamber (BTC). A family that suffers together, stays together.
PROBLEMS WITH DOWNLOADED VIDEOS
If you're not able to play a video that you've downloaded into the app, there are a few reasons why this might be the case and you'll have to download the video again, unfortunately.
- We've updated the video: The Sufferfest occasionally remasters videos over time or when the App is updated. We do this to build in consistency across all of our videos. You should be prompted to download new videos when they have been released. However, there are times when the App may or may not let you know that a video has been updated. If this is the case, your download will seek to play or will not match the workout profile. We suggest going into the settings section, deleting the video, then download it again.
- It got corrupted during download: There are times when a download becomes corrupt. Even the strongest of internet connections can pull in a corrupt video file. This will be evident during your workout if seeking begins to happen at a certain point of your workout. If you can repeat this seeking problem at the same point every time, this video had a glitch during that part of the download. This will also require you to download the video again.
- A bug has killed all your downloads:
Did all of your downloads stop working all of a sudden? Believe there is a Couchlandrian plot afoot! Find the video Ignitor, download (or delete and re-download) that video. Go into the workout setup menu and play it. Does it work? If yes, somehow a Couchlandrian bug has killed all of your downloads. Sorry about that, we are looking into this problem as it happens to about .1% of Sufferlandrians at the moment. Does Ignitor not work? You have a bug and need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to log this issue. The video may have become corrupt on the server. We are pretty sure it is some Couchlandrian IT person getting donut crumbs in the server cabinet.
Other Issues with Streaming or Downloads
These are the tools the Couchlandrians use to block access to The Sufferfest Training Centre.
Error Message or Denial Of Download
Did you get the "XMLHttpRequest failed: Unable to connect to the Parse API" message? This means something is blocking your access to our server. There are many different things we have to consider here. We will list all the ones we deal with at customer service.
- Anti-Virus Software is blocking access to the App.
- Firewall settings are blocking the App. You may need to go into your firewall settings and make a special exception.
- Work or Public network does not have an exception for you to access the server.
- A Net Nanny program to protect the young minions in your household thinks The Sufferfest is dangerous to young minds.
- Your Router may have high-security settings that block access.
- Using a Proxy Server to use the internet. The Proxy may deny access.
- VPN usage. We cannot download videos over VPN's. Streaming will work.
- If your employer provides your device they may have things locked down in a way that will prevent The Sufferfest App from streaming correctly.
Unfortunately, these are all things that we have no control over. You will need to investigate these areas yourself. You can always email The Minions and we can try to help.
Video Won't Show Up At All (Green or White Screen)
Do the videos not want to display at all? Does this happen when you select full-screen view? This is most likely a Windows Driver issue if you are on a windows computer. Make sure you check to see if you need to update your video card drivers on your Windows Machine.
The other issue could be your video card does not have enough memory to stream videos. However, this is a rare case.
We understand that having streaming and download issues with The Sufferfest App is an extremely frustrating problem. Please email email@example.com if you constantly have problems and we can look to see what the issues might be.