SO you want to SUFFER with Virtual Watts and have a supported trainer? Great! Let's get you set up in the app...
OK, so you've set your bike up for Virtual Watts. Now let's get the app configured!
1. Start by firing up the app and selecting the video you want to do. Tap it to be brought to the VIDEO DETAILS screen and then tap the PLAY button. This brings you to the RIDE CHECK screen.
2. Tap SCAN FOR DEVICES.
3. Tap the POWER icon.
4. Toggle the "Use Virtual Watts" switch to the "ON" position.
5. Select your brand of trainer and then select the model. If your trainer is not supported you can select 'Generic' as the brand and either 'fluid' or 'mag' as the model (depending on whether you have a fluid or mag trainer).
6. You can then pair your speed sensor to the app. If it's not locating the sensor you may need to 'wake it up' by spinning the rear wheel. Tap to select the discovered sensor. Once it is connected you will see your power and speed displayed. If the sensor is not showing up after you woke it up, de-select the Virtual Watts button and try setting it up with a woken up speed sensor. That usually fixes things.
7. Hit red 'X' in the upper left corner to return to the RIDE CHECK screen.
You're now ready to SUFFER with Virtual Watts. If this is your first time using power or Virtual Watts then you will want to ride Full Frontal and get your Four-Dimensional Power Profile. Here is how to do that.