One of the benefits of The Sufferfest app is the seamless integration of power, cadence, speed, and heart rate data, allowing you to train smarter and maximise your Return on Suffering. In order to take advantage of this functionality, you need to ensure your sensors are compatible. There are two types of ways sensors can connect:
- Bluetooth Smart (also called Bluetooth LE or BLE).
Some sensors transmit simultaneously over both protocols, making it easier to connect to a wide variety of devices. Unfortunately, some manufacturers opt not to use these open standards, choosing instead to design their sensors to work only with their own software. If you don't see your sensor listed below, there may still be hope. Email TheMinions@TheSufferfest.com with the make and model of your sensor, being sure to include as much detailed information as possible. You can also contact the manufacturer of your sensor and ask them if they transmit their ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart signal for third party app use.
THE SENSORS WE SUPPORT
We also have a master list of compatible equipment HERE.
We support all Garmin Sensors. You will need an ANT+ dongle or USB stick to connect your Garmin Devices. For more information on connecting and troubleshooting ANT+ devices, see our Connecting ANT+ Devices guide.
- Garmin GSC-10
- Garmin Speed Sensor
- Garmin Cadence Sensor
- Garmin Heart Rate Strap
- Garmin Vector Power Meter
- Vector 3 pedals will now transmit via Bluetooth after the latest Garmin firmware update
We support all Wahoo Fitness Products. Wahoo transmits across both ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart on open channels that easily accessible with The Sufferfest app.
- Wahoo TICKR HR monitor
- Wahoo TICKR Run HR Monitor
- Wahoo TICKR X HR Monitor (Cadence Not Compatible with App)
- Wahoo BLUE SC Speed and Cadence Sensor
- Wahoo RPM Cadence Sensor
- Wahoo RPM Speed Sensor
- Wahoo KICKR
- Wahoo KICKR Snap
The Viiiiva Bridge is compatible
The Precision Power Meter is compatible
We only support the ANT+ heart rate belt on iOS and OS X. However, the ANT+ Suunto Heart belt will not work with our Windows App. The Suunto basic heart rate belt does not broadcast on an open ANT+ channel and doesn't work with any of our Apps.
- Suunto ANT Heart Rate Belt works for iOS only.
- Suunto Bluetooth HR Sensor works for iOS and OS X only.
- Suunto Speed and Cadence Sensor will work for all Apps.
We only support the Polar H7 HR strap. The previous Polar HR did not transmit data on an open ANT+ or Bluetooth channel.
- Polar H7 HR Strap Bluetooth
- Polar Bluetooth Speed and Cadence Sensors
- Polar H10 HR Strap Bluetooth
We can connect to CycleOps sensors only if they are broadcasting over open ANT+ Channels. Please contact cycleops to see if your specific series of sensors is broadcasting an open ANT+ Signal. Older CycleOps sensors broadcast over ANT (non +) only and we are not compatible.
- Cycleops HR Monitor
- Cyclops Speed/Cadence sensors
The new Panobike sensors are transmitting via Bluetooth 4.0 and are supported.
- Panobike HR Monitor (only compatible with iOS and Mac App)
- Panobike Speed and Cadence Sensor (only compatible with iOS and Mac App)
We support the Bontranger ANT+ sensors.
- Bontranger HR Monitor
- Bontranger Speed and Cadence sensor
- Bontranger DuoTrap
We support the Bluetooth enabled Jarv sensors.
- Jarv Bluetooth 4.0 Cycling Speed and Cadence Sensor (only compatible with iOS and Mac App)
- Jarv Run BT Premium Bluetooth 4.0 Smart Heart Rate Sensor (only compatible with iOS and Mac App)
BRAGI DASH Headphones
The Sufferfest Training Centre is compatible with the Bragi Dash Headphones. Users must make sure they are using the left earphone to pair the Bluetooth Heart Rate sensor. The right earphone is used to pair the audio.
Jabra Elite Sports Earbugs
These will transmit Heart Rate Data and the signal is picked up by the App.
COMPATIBLE POWER METERS
(* indicates via ANT+ connection only. Bluetooth Smart not currently supported for those models)
- *SRM (See Special Notes below)
- *Garmin Vector
- *Pioneer (See Special notes Below)
- *PowerTap (includes PowerCal)
- PowerTap C1
- *PowerTap P1 (Currently Half Reports Power over Bluetooth on iOS. This does not impact the P1S)
- *Brim Brothers
- *Verve Info Crank
- Favero Assiamo Duo and Uno (Currently the Duo Half Reports Power over Bluetooth on iOS. No impact to Uno power Meter)
- Any ANT+ or BLTE Power Meter
The 4iiii, PowerTap P1, and Assiamo Duo are all currently half reporting power on iOS over Bluetooth. We will have a fix for that sometime in the future. We are in contact with the companies to see what we need to do to fix this.
(Special Notes) SRM is currently only "conditionally" supported, and then only with more recent models. Some of the newer SRM models may broadcast power-only messages that can be read by The Sufferfest app. Older SRM models only broadcast CTF (Crank Torque Frequency) messages that The Sufferfest app does not support. We will not be supporting the older SRM communication protocol.
(Special Notes) Pioneer units operate in two modes, Pedal Monitor Mode and Power Meter Mode. The Sufferfest Training Centre cannot read the unit if it is in Pedal Monitor Mode, only the Cyclocomputer can read that code. You will need to put your Pioneer in Power Meter Mode. That will have it transmit a standard power meter signal over ANT+. To change the mode you need to press and hold the white button that sits below the coin battery until it flashes (about 2secs).
Questions? Comments? Contact us at TheMinions@TheSufferfest.com