If you are reading this article, you may be having issues streaming your iDevice or Mac to Apple TV. Please take a look at the video below to troubleshoot your AirPlay connection.
If you need more information in setting up your AppleTV you can follow this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205358
Also, here are some general guidelines for getting AirPlay to function.
- Turn off Bluetooth on your iOS device (Settings > General > Bluetooth).
- Make sure that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on (Settings > Wi-Fi).
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi router’s firmware is up to date.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Restart your iOS device by pressing and holding the on/off button and then slide the slider.
- Make sure that there is no more than one device trying to stream.
- Make sure your Apple TV has the current software update (Settings > General > Update Software).
- Make sure that your iOS software is up to date (How to update your iOS version: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- OS X: If you use a firewall, make sure AirPlay Mirroring is not blocked:
- Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall options and uncheck “Block all incoming connections” checkbox and check the “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” checkbox.
- If all else fails select 'reset settings' on your Apple TV