Connecting your Wattbike to The Sufferfest app is extremely easy as long as you have a compatible Wattbike head unit, software version, and connection settings.
Using The Correct Head Unit
You can only use The Sufferfest app connected to your Wattbike if you have Head Unit B. If you bought your Wattbike before 2013, you most likely have unit A and you, sadly, won't be able to visit Sufferlandria. You can order a new head unit from Wattbike, though. If your head unit doesn't look like the one below, then you need to get a new head unit.
Update Your Firmware
Then, make sure you have the latest firmware for your head unit from Wattbike. If your screen looks like the one below, then you've got the old firmware. You can find the instructions for updating your Wattbike firmware here. as well as a video showing how it's done here.
Connecting Via Bluetooth (All Platforms)
- To connect over Bluetooth, you'll need to make sure your Wattbike's head unit supports Bluetooth. This will be indicated by a little Bluetooth icon on the bottom of the Wattbike head unit's screen.
- You'll then need to make sure you're running the most recent firmware (v1.25 or later), which has a Bluetooth update. You can find the instructions for updating your Wattbike firmware here.
- Once you've done that, you'll need to open up the Wattbike HUB app on your device. If you don't have the HUB app installed, you'll need to do that.
- You then need to Go to the 'Settings' screen on your Wattbike Head Unit.
- Within settings, tab over to the 'Remote' tab and make sure that Bluetooth is 'on.'
- From the same screen, select 'Enable Bluetooth Programming Mode' and hit 'enter' to select.
- The head unit will ask you if you want to Enable Bluetooth Programming Mode. Hit 'enter.'
- From the Wattbike HUB app on your device, press 'Just ride' and then in the upper right-hand corner, select your Wattbike.
- The Wattbike HUB app will ask you if you want to activate the head unit's Bluetooth. Select 'yes' and continue.
- In the Wattbike HUB, you'll then see a wifi symbol and a string of letters and numbers show up. This is your Wattbike's Bluetooth signal so select it.
- Wattbike HUB should tell you that the head unit is now connected, so press the 'activate' button.
- Close the Wattbike HUB app and open The Sufferfest app. This is very important as the Wattbike's Bluetooth connection can't be shared between The Sufferfest app and the Wattbike HUB app.
- Open The Sufferfest app and start a workout. You should now see your Wattbike in the available devices of the device connections menu. You'll find more connections for device connections in The Sufferfest app in the Device Connections help article.
Connecting Via Ant+ (Windows & Mac Only)
1. Make sure the ANT Channels on your Wattbike head unit are set correctly. You want both Bike Power, as well as Bike Speed & Cadence, set to 'On' and the Wattbike set to 'Standard.' Wattbike has a video you can watch showing how to choose the ANT channel.
2. With your Wattbike head unit on and The Sufferfest app open start pedaling. You should now see your Wattbike in the available devices of the device connections menu. You'll find more connections for device connections in The Sufferfest app in the Device Connections help article.