The Sufferfest Training Plans are more than adequate for the vast majority of athletes, but if you want something tailored to your unique needs, let us know. Contact the experts at APEX Coaching & Consulting for guidance on service level and price.
THE RUN IN PLAN
The Run In Plan gets you a 30 minute Skype consultation with an APEX coach to make some alterations to one of our standard Sufferfest Training Plans.
The Run in Plan is ideal for Sufferlandrians who:
- Need small tweaks in the schedule, for example you know during weekend 5 of a plan you won’t be able to train. We can alter the days leading into and after the scheduling conflict so your training is minimally affected.
- Are looking to do a century at the end of a plan and want to add a bit more volume to some weekends. We will identify weekends where it would be appropriate to add that extra training in so you don’t overload yourself.
- Want to make a few (1 to 5) tweaks throughout the plan. If you are looking for more substantial changes then this is not the option for you.
- You can also use this as an additional 30-minute call for any of our other plans.
THE TRANSITION PLAN
The Transition Plan gets you a 30 minute Skype consultation with an APEX coach to make more substantial alterations to one of our standard Sufferfest Training Plans, with the option of having the plan delivered to you through a Basic Training Peaks account.
The Transition Plan is ideal for Sufferlandrians who:
- Like the basic layout of the Sufferfest Training Plan but have commitments that will make following the standard plan difficult.
- Want to use a plan, but have an important race or event in the middle of the plan that you want to be fresh for.
- Have a regular group ride/ swim class/ running group that you want
to do every week or weekend and need to make sure the rest of your training takes that into account.
- Want to follow the standard plan but want to have multiple weekend days off from training to spend time with friends/family.
- If you decide you do need to touch base to discuss your plan you can purchase a Run In Plan for a 30 minute follow up call to discuss any changes you need to make to your 12-week plan (Limited to 1 call per 6 week period).
THE SECOND WIND
If you like the sounds of the Transition Plan but are afraid that something will pop up during your 12-week plan that will throw things off course then The Second Wind Plan is just for you. The Second Wind plan gets you everything the Transition Plan does but includes a follow up 30-minute call that you can schedule at any point during the 12 weeks.
How exactly does The Second Wind tier work?
- The first 30-minute Skype consultation will be to identify your goals and needs for the following 12 weeks. That includes things like your time available for training each week and what specific aspects of your riding or your fitness you want to focus on. We will then write up a 12-week training plan for you that you can access through a Basic Training Peaks account.
• The second 30-minute Skype consultation will be sometime around the halfway point of your 12-week plan to discuss your progress and to see if modifications need to be made. Maybe you missed a few sessions or got sick and need a few tweaks for the remainder of the plan.
• If you decide you do need further follow up call to discuss your plan you can purchase a Run In Plan for a 30 minute follow up call and we can discuss any changes you need to make to the remainder of your plan (Limited to 1 call per 6 week period)
EXTENDED MULTISPORT PLAN
You really like the look of the Second Wind Plan, but your event is over 4 months out and you want to make sure you make the most of each week between now and then. Or maybe you like the idea of having half a year of training mapped out to keep you motivated to help you stick to your training.
Just like the Second Wind Plan you get two separate 30-minute Skype consultations with an APEX coach and over 4 months of personalized training.
- We do require a minimum of 20 weeks to qualify for a ____ Plan, but it can be up to a year long.
- The first 30-minute Skype consultation will be to identify your goals and needs for the duration of your plan. That includes things like your time available for training each week and what specific aspects of your riding or your fitness you want to focus on. Your full plan will then be loaded into a Basic TrainingPeaks account.
- The second 30-minute Skype Consultation can take place at any point during your plan. After which we will make any necessary adjustments in TrainingPeaks to your existing plan.
- With these plans being so long we understand you might need an additional follow up call to make some adjustments. For an additional 30-minute call and plan tweaks you can purchase a Run In Plan (Limited to 1 call per 6 week period) to gain more access to your coach.