Setting up your KICKR CLIMB
In order for the KICKR Climb to connect and work properly with your Wahoo smart trainer, you need to establish the Bluetooth or Ant+ FE-C connection with the trainer in the Device Connections menu of The Sufferfest app.
The KICKR CLIMB works exclusively with the following Wahoo Smart Trainers:
- KICKR: Edition released August 2017 (Gen 2)
- KICKR: Edition released July 2018 (Gen 3)
- KICKR CORE: Edition released July 2018
- KICKR SNAP: Edition released July 2017
Step 1: Unlocking your Wahoo KICKR CLIMB
- Lock Mode (see Figure 1) ensures the KICKR CLIMB will only respond to commands received from the KICKR CLIMB remote unit.
- Unlock Mode allows the CLIMB to react to grade changes from The Sufferfest app. Using the remote unit, you will need to switch the KICKR CLIMB unit to the Unlock mode (Figure 2) in order to use its grade simulation in The Sufferfest app. Refer to your Wahoo KICKR CLIMB owner’s manual for further information on this control.
Note: Further information can be found at: https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001263184-How-does-the-KICKR-CLIMB-pair-to-my-KICKR-or-KICKR-SNAP-
|Figure 1: Lock Mode||Figure 2: Unlock Mode|
Step 2: Pairing the KICKR Climb with your Wahoo smart trainer
- Ensure KICKR Climb and your Wahoo trainer are plugged in and powered on with the Climb’s blue LED is illuminated.
- Press and hold the center lock mode button on the KICKR Climb remote for 3 seconds until the center white LED flashes steadily.
- Hold the Climb's remote near your Wahoo trainer until the center white LED flashes quickly, then turns solid. The center white LED remains illuminated and solid while connected and successfully paired to the smart trainer. It may be helpful to power on each Wahoo unit separately at this time to help ensure connectivity.
- Confirm that the KICKR Climb’s blue LED is illuminating the ‘Unlock’ indicator as performed in Step 1, above.
- You can now use your Climb with The Sufferfest app on supported workouts that feature gradient climb simulations.
- You should now see the Climb icon appearing under your Wahoo trainer's name in the Device Connections menu (Figure 3).
|Figure 3: Climb Icon|
The Climb works with the following videos in The Sufferfest app.
- Do As You're Told
- Getting Away With It
- GCN: Strength Endurance
- It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time
- Power Station
- The Best Thing In The World
- The Cure
- The Hunted
- The Way Out
- The Wretched
- Thin Air
- To Get To The Other Side
Erg or Level Mode?
The KICKR Climb will behave differently depending on which mode you are in:
Erg Mode: The Climb will raise and lower based on the gradients that we have in the workouts. This is the setting that you want to be in with The Climb!
Level Mode: Each of the levels in Level Mode are tied to a certain gradient. What this means for the Climb is that if you are in Level Mode the Climb will rise to that level's assigned gradient number and remain there unless you switch to another level.