Here at The Sufferfest, we want to do all we can to help you beat your best! To help you crush your goals, our world-class coaches have developed over 100 free training plans. With this SUFton of amazing plans choose from it can be difficult to decide which one to use, don't worry we are here to guide you every step of the way!
Choosing The Right Plan
- Do you have a specific event that you're training for? If so, you can look for a plan that will help you crush your goals. If not, the general road plans are always a great option.
- If you have taken your Full Frontal test (and if you haven't you'd better get cracking!) then you will want to choose a plan that focuses on your identified weakness. If you haven't done your Full Frontal test, you can pick one of the plans for riders without a 4DP profile.
- Some of the plans will include both indoor and outdoor rides, perfect for Sufferlandrians who are able to get outside for some of their longer rides. Please remember that the outdoor weekend rides are not all available as NoVid workouts. If you are using Training Peaks they will have a workout file that you can load to a cycling computer. If that is not something you want to deal with, you will want to choose an indoor-only plan.
- Do you want to include strength training? If so, look for a plan that has been optimized for strength sessions.
- How much time do you have to train? The novice plans will have the lightest training load, while the advanced plans will have the highest volume.
Applying Your Training Plan
Using Your Training Plan
After you load a training plan into your Training Peaks or Final Surge calendar you will use those platforms as just that, a calendar. Training Peaks and Final Surge do not have hyperlinks that will directly open the video in The Sufferfest app. You will need to check to see what workout(s) you have scheduled each day, or you can set up Training Peaks and Final Surge to send you an email telling you what is on your schedule. Once you know which workout to do, head over to The Sufferfest App in order to find the right one. You can use the search feature at the top of the video list to quickly find the right video.
If you are unable to find a corresponding cycling workout in The Sufferfest app, you might be using a plan that incorporates outdoor weekend rides. Training Peaks will have those workouts built-in so that you can load them into a cycling computer for use outdoors. More information on outdoor workouts can be found in this help article: Understanding Outdoor Workouts in Training Peaks
More information and answers to frequently asked training plans questions can be found in our FAQs section.