The Wahoo Kickr Climb, when paired with your compatible Wahoo Kickr Trainer, will give gradient simulations in select Sufferfest workouts.
Setting up your KICKR CLIMB
Prior to being able to use the KICKR Climb in the Sufferfest app, it needs to be connected to your compatible Wahoo KICKR trainer (see below) using the Wahoo Fitness app. For more information on how to do this, detailed instructions can be found here: Wahoo Kickr Climb Setup and Instructions
- Ensure KICKR Climb and your Wahoo trainer are plugged in and powered on with the Climb’s blue LED is illuminated.
- Press and hold the center lock mode button on the KICKR Climb remote for 3 seconds until the center white LED flashes steadily.
- Hold the Climb's remote near your Wahoo trainer until the center white LED flashes quickly, then turns solid. The center white LED remains illuminated and solid while connected and successfully paired to the smart trainer. It may be helpful to power on each Wahoo unit separately at this time to help ensure connectivity.
- Confirm that the KICKR Climb’s blue LED is illuminating the ‘Unlock’ indicator (see below)
- You can now use your Climb with The Sufferfest app on supported workouts that feature gradient climb simulations.
Compatible Kickr Trainers:
The KICKR CLIMB works exclusively with the following Wahoo Smart Trainers:
- KICKR: Edition released August 2017 (Gen 2)
- KICKR: Edition released July 2018 (Gen 3)
- KICKR CORE: Edition released July 2018
- KICKR SNAP: Edition released July 2017
Connecting the KICKR/KICKR Climb combination to the SUF app
Once your Kickr Climb is paired and connected to your KICKR in the Wahoo Fitness app, please be sure to close that app completely and then open the SUF app to connect the trainer to the app. The Device Connections article will show you how to connect the KICKR.
You should now see the Climb icon appearing under your Wahoo trainer's name in the Device Connections menu.
Unlocking the KICKR CLIMB
- Lock Mode (see Figure 1) ensures the KICKR CLIMB will only respond to commands received from the KICKR CLIMB remote unit. It will not respond to gradients programmed in the workout.
- Unlock Mode allows the CLIMB to react to grade changes from The Sufferfest app. Using the remote unit, you will need to switch the KICKR CLIMB unit to the Unlock mode in order to use its grade simulation in The Sufferfest app. Refer to your Wahoo KICKR CLIMB owner’s manual for further information on this control.
Click the center button to switch from Lock mode to Unlock mode.
Note: Further information can be found at: https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001263184-How-does-the-KICKR-CLIMB-pair-to-my-KICKR-or-KICKR-SNAP-
|Figure 1: Lock Mode||Figure 2: Unlock Mode|
The Climb works with the following videos in The Sufferfest app.
- 14 Vise Grips
- A Very Dark Place
- Cash Register
- Do As You're Told
- Elements of Style
- Extra Shot
- Fight Club
- Getting Away With It
- GCN: Endurance Ride
- GCN: Escalator
- GCN: Muscular Endurance Intervals
- GCN: Power Torque Intervals
- GCN: Strength Intervals
- Hell Hath No Fury
- It Seemed Like Thin Air
- It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time
- Local Hero
- Nine Hammers
- Power Station
- The Bat
- The Best Thing In The World
- The Cure
- The Hunted
- The Way Out
- The Wretched
- Thin Air
- To Get To The Other Side
Erg or Level Mode?
The KICKR Climb will behave differently depending on which mode you are in:
Erg Mode: The Climb will raise and lower based on the gradients that we have in the workouts. This is the setting that you want to be in with The Climb!
Level Mode: Each of the levels in Level Mode are tied to a certain gradient. What this means for the Climb is that if you are in Level Mode the Climb will rise to that level's assigned gradient number and remain there unless you switch to another level.