Connecting The Wattbike Atom
- The Wattbike Atom connects to The Sufferfest app just like any other Bluetooth or Ant+ device. You will find the steps for connecting your devices in the Device Connections help article.
- By default, your Atom will be connected in Erg mode. This allows The Sufferfest app to control your atom with no input needed from you to change the resistance.
- Currently, we only support displaying the gears on the Wattbike Atom when using a Bluetooth connection. The gears will still work using ANT+ though.
ERG Mode Tips
- Keep your cadence as steady as possible. The more you vary your cadence during a section, the more the bike will have to adjust the resistance to bring you back in line.
- If you do need to change cadence, such as when there is an attack during the video, increase slowly and steadily.
- At the end of intervals, keep the effort up and let the bike take the resistance off. If you slow your cadence or take off the pressure before the bike has adjusted, you could find yourself with the bike locking up the resistance in the dreaded 'spiral of death.'
- 'Gears' will not work (and are not necessary) in ERG mode since the bike changes the resistance automatically based on what the app is telling it to do.
Connecting the Atom in LEVEL/GEARS mode (e.g., you control the Atom resistance)
Note: The gear display in The Sufferfest app will only work when connected via Bluetooth. You can still use gear mode in ANT+ but the gearing will not be displayed in The Sufferfest app.
- Open the Wattbike HUB App, choose 'Known Wattbikes,' and select your Wattbike.
- Choose the 'Show advanced settings' button
- Choose 'Pair' to assign the Left and Right shifters
- Completely close the HUB app.... see the Note below
- Open The Sufferfest app and follow the steps in the 'Device Connections' help article
- Choose Level mode as seen in the 'Erg or Level mode?' help article (You need to select Level mode as the gears will not work in Erg mode)
- Once the workout has started you can change gear with your shift buttons. You will see a gear icon in the top right of the screen when connected via Bluetooth.
Running the Wattbike Hub and The Sufferfest App at the same time
The Wattbike Hub and The Sufferfest app can only be run at the same time if you are connecting the Wattbike to The Sufferfest app using ANT+ on a desktop or laptop computer. To use an iOS device, you will require 2 devices- one for the Wattbike Hub app and one for The Sufferfest app. You will also require an ANT+ to Bluetooth bridge to connect your Wattbike to The Sufferfest app. The experience may not be great, so we don't recommend doing this.
In order to connect the Wattbike to The Sufferfest app using Bluetooth, you will need to ensure that the Wattbike Hub app is completely shut down.