Using Your RIVAL As A Heart Rate Monitor
Broadcast Heart Rate On Your RIVAL
The ELEMNT Rival can be used as a Heart Rate Monitor, and can connect to The Sufferfest over either Bluetooth or ANT+.
The first step is to set up your RIVAL to Broadcast HR.
- Press and hold the bottom left button to access the settings menu on your RIVAL.
- Use the top and bottom right buttons to scroll to "Broadcasting" and select by pressing the middle right button.
- Press the middle right button again to toggle to "Heart Rate Broadcasting".
- The RIVAL will now act like a normal heartrate sensor to connect via either Bluetooth or ANT+.
Next, connect your RIVAL as you would with any other Heart Rate Monitor.
- Connect your RIVAL following the instructions in Device Connections.
- Your RIVAL will broadcast HR for 4 hours and then you will be prompted on your RIVAL to continue broadcasting for 1 additional hour.
Using Your RIVAL With A Smart Trainer
The ELEMNT RIVAL can be connected to your Smart Trainer (Wahoo or another smart trainer) to control your trainer or record data from your workouts.
When you connect your RIVAL to The Sufferfest, you MUST connect it in "Passive" mode, or the RIVAL will be in control of your Smart Trainer and ERG mode will no longer work properly within The Sufferfest app.
Connect Your Smart Trainer To Your RIVAL
- From the main watch face, press the middle right button to open the workout profile menu.
- Using the top and bottom right buttons, scroll to "KICKR" (you can use this setting for any smart trainer), and press the middle right button to select your workout profile.
- If your trainer is not paired, you will be prompted to pair - press the middle right button to "pair KICKR".
- When your trainer is paired, you will be prompted to save - press the middle right button to "save".
- Press and hold the bottom left button to enter the workout settings page for the KICKR workout profile.
- Use the top and bottom right buttons to scroll to KICKR Mode.
- Press the middle right button to scroll between "passive", "level", and "target watts". Choose "passive" in order to use your smart trainer with The Sufferfest app.
- Press the bottom left button to exit the workout profile menu. Your workout profile for your smart trainer is now set on "passive" and will allow the RIVAL to record data from the trainer, but NOT control the trainer.
- Press the middle right button to start your trainer workout, and record your workout as you normally would on your RIVAL.